FMT Basic & Performance
Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how to use kinesiology tape.
You had to read a book or attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of applying tape.
FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping Certification
FMT Basic introduces the evidence based approach to taping for discomfort*, enhancing fluid dynamics, posture, nerve entrapment and scars. FMT Basic is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that redefines our understanding of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on discomfort* mitigation, circulation and proprioception. FMT Basic lays the groundwork for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
This 6-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. There are no prerequisites for FMT Basic.
FMT Performance Kinesiology Taping Certification
This course expands on the concepts taught in FMT Basic and explores enhancing human movement and performance via functional taping methods (movement based). The anatomy and physiology of myofascial lines are covered. Movement screening is used to determine dysfunction in specific anatomical planes of motion and how to apply tape in a manner that improves movement and function. Learning is primarily done in a workshop, hands-on environment.
This 6-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. FMT Basic is a prerequisite for FMT Performance.
FMT Basic Objectives
• Understand the physiological effects of kinesiology taping
• Master functional taping and understand its role and use for the applications of rehabilitation, edema management, neuropathic discomfort*, scar mobility and posture improvement.
• Introduce the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”
FMT Performance Objectives
• Explore the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”
• Learn movement screening techniques to identify faulty motor patterns in breathing, squat, lunge, step, push and rolling movements and taping strategies to enhance these motor patterns.
• Master functional taping applications for Performance Chains
• Integrate assessment of sport-specific movement patterns and the use of taping to improve sports performance
Join the Ranks of FMT Certified Movement Professionals
Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
Worldwide FMT Professionals
What are the benefits of FMT Certification?
Included in FMT Basic
Your FMT Baisc registration includes a RockTape 2” Roll Kinesiology Tape, RockTape 2” Bulk Roll Kinesiology Tape (per 2 attendees), RockTape 4” Roll Kinesiology Tape, RockSauce Fire 3 oz Roll-on, RockSauce Ice 3 oz Roll-on and Scissors!
Included in FMT Performance
Your FMT Performance registration includes a RockTape 2” Roll Kinesiology Tape, RockTape 2” Bulk Roll Kinesiology Tape (per 2 attendees), RockFloss 2″, two packages of RockTape Beige Edema Strips, FMT Certified Tee and Scissors!
RockTape 2” Roll Kinesiology Tape
RockTape Courses – FMT Basic & Performance
- December 14th & 15th – Adrian, MI
- January 11th & 12th – Silverdale, WA
- January 11th & 12th – Chula Vista, CA
- January 18th & 19th – Ames, IA
- January 18th & 19th – Ellsworth, ME
- January 25th & 26th – Daytona Beach, FL
- February 8th & 9th – Scottsdale, AZ
- February 8th & 9th – East Longmeadow, MA
- February 8th & 9th – Lombard, IL
- February 8th & 9th – New York, NY
- February 8th & 9th – Birmingham, AL
- February 15th & 16th – Tampa, FL
- February 22nd & 23rd – Canton, NY
- February 22nd & 23rd – Lafayette, NY
- February 29th & March 1st – Frisco, TX
- February 29th & March 1st – Anchorage, AK
- March 7th & 8th – Cincinnati, OH
- March 7th & 8th – Bolivar, MO
- March 14th & 15th – Gainsville, FL
- March 14th & 15th – Moorhead, MN
- March 21st & 22nd – Pinehurst, NC
- April 4th & 5th – Corona, CA
- April 18th & 19th – Yukon, OK
- April 25th & 26th – Phoenix, AZ
- April 25th & 26h – Gulf Breeze, FL
- May 2nd & 3rd – Salisbury, NC
- May 16th & 17th – Rockaway, NJ
- May 30th & 31st – Fairlawn, OH
- May 30th & 31st – Las Vegas, NV
- July 11th & 12th – Cypress, TX
- July 18th & 19th – Denver, CO
- August 1st & 2nd – Arlington, TX
- August 8th & 9th – Farmingdale, NY
- Coming soon!