FMT Movement Specialist Courses
There is no ‘one size fits all’ to human movement, rather there are many ‘human shapes’ that can accomplish the same movement goals.
More important than stereotypic standards and measurements to ‘ideal’ movements we can provide a more COMPLETE strategy to movement screening by looking at the complete person, their environment and their unique ‘parts’.
The FMT Movement Specialist Certification
FMT Movement Specialist is designed to help health and fitness professionals learn safe, simple, and effective tactics to screen and assess ‘conscious’ movement patterns. Attendees will learn multiple ‘quick’ screens and assessments along with corrective exercises tactics and strategies of the ‘conscious’ fundamental movement of the deep squat.
A variety of interventional tools (mobility balls, exercise bands, foam rollers, compression flossing bands, agility and conditioning equipment) will be used to tackle an evidence-informed, brain-based approach to movement improvement and functional performance programming. The use of digital motion analysis technology will be presented to demonstrate how health and fitness professionals enhance their objectivity when assessing human movement.
The FMT Movement Specialist Advanced Certification
FMT Movement Specialist Advanced is designed to help health and fitness professionals learn safe, simple, and effective tactics to screen, assess and address performance of ‘subconscious’ movement. Attendees will learn multiple screens and assessments alongside multiple corrective strategies to influence the ‘subconscious’ movements of breathing and gait.
This course offers an evidence-based, functional framework that health and fitness professionals can use to assess and intervene in patients and clients with subconscious movement dysfunction. Topics such as cognitive awareness, neurological, midline and mechanical control and tactical intervention will be discussed and practiced. Lab experiences will include assessment, practice and corrective techniques that will be immediately actionable by students after completion of this training course.
These courses are intended for health and fitness professionals with all levels of prior movement screening experience. All supplies needed for the course and lab experiences are provided.
Functional Movement Training (FMT) Certification courses are taught by industry leading experts in movement assessment, performance and rehabilitation. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, LAc, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type.
Educational Objectives of FMT Movement Specialist Course:
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to
- Define and compare conscious and subconscious movement evaluation and training strategies
- Define an d evaluate client psychological/personality traits that influence human movement
- Compare and contrast methods of brain-based (neurological) vs mechanical screening and assessments of ‘conscious’ movement
- Evaluate and justify the importance and utilization of midline (core) control in order to improve effectiveness and efficiency of ‘conscious’ movement
- Understand and discuss the use of digital motion analysis to objectively capture human movement
- Outline factors that contribute to effective movement performance
- Critique and demonstrate therapeutic movement tactics with compressional floss, foam rollers and exercise bands
- Evaluate and justify differences between neural vs. somatic restrictions (Brain vs. Tissue influences) on conscious human movement
Educational Objectives of FMT Advanced Movement Specialist Course:
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to
- Evaluate and assess the influence of subconscious capacity on simple human movement patterns
- Introduce and evaluate breathing screening and assessment strategies
- Integrate breathing screening/assessment results into corrective programming tactics
- Compare and contrast methods of coordination and balance assessments as they relate to subconscious movement patterns (Target Movement = Walking Gait)
- Identify and analyze midline control dysfunction in respect to gait and breathing
- Evaluate and justify differences between joint association vs dissociation
- Critique and demonstrate gait retraining efforts with a variety of exercise mobility/motor control tools
- Critique and demonstrate breathing retraining efforts with a variety of exercise mobility/motor control tools
Join the Ranks of FMT Certified Movement Professionals
Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
Worldwide FMT Professionals
What are the benefits of FMT Certification?
Learn from the best in the industry.
Get listed on our professional locator.
Serve your patients and clients.
Join us at world-class events near you.
Join our private Facebook Community.
We’ll drive awareness to your business.
Get the best pricing from RockTape – 50% off.
Treat discomfort* without pharmaceuticals.
RockTape Courses – FMT Movement Specialist – FMT Movement Assessment & FMT Advanced Movement Assessment Courses
- January 18th & 19th – Clifton Park, NY
- January 18th & 19th – Pocatello, ID
- January 25th & 26th – Bloomington, MN
- January 25th & 26th – Fairlawn, OH
- January 25th & 26th – Rockaway, NJ
- January 25th & 26th – Arlington, TX
- February 8th & 9th – Indianapolis, IN
- February 8th & 9th – Portland, OR
- February 22nd & 23rd – Upland, CA
- February 22nd & 23rd – PInehurst, NC
- February 22nd & 23rd – Rogers, AR
- February 29th & March 1st -Gulf Breeze, FL
- February 29th & March 1st – Wauwatosa, WI
- February 29th & March 1st – Tulsa, OK
- February 29th & March 1st – Richmond, VA
- March 28th & 29th – Memphis, TN
- March 28th & 29th – Overland Park, KS
- April 4th & 5th – Miami, FL
- April 4th & 5th – Lincoln, NE
- April 4th & 5th – Denver, CO
- April 4th & 5th – Harrison Township, MI
- April 18th & 19th – Conway, AR
- April 25th & 26th – Reno, NV
- May 2nd & 3rd – Farmingdale, NY
- May 2nd & 3rd – Moorhead, MN
- May 2nd & 3rd – Hampton, VA
- May 30th & 31st – Las Vegas, NV
- May 30th & 31st – Utica, NY
- June 13th & 14th – Birmingham, AL
- February 13th & February 14th – Honolulu, HI
- March 23rd & March 24th – Indianapolis, IN
- April 20th & April 21st – King of Prussia, PA
- April 23rd & April 24th – Manchester, NH
- April 30th & May 1st – Brookefield, WI
- May 7th & May 8th Anaheim, CA
- May 7th & May 8th – Scottsdale, AZ
- May 12th & May 13th – Columbia, MD