FMT Basic & Advanced Courses
Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how to use kinesiology tape.
You had to read a book or attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of applying tape.
FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping Certification
FMT Basic introduces functional kinesiology taping methods that can improve the movement and performance of patients and clients. It includes a review of current literature supporting the theories that describe and delineate specific techniques of applying kinesiology taping for enhancement of rehabilitation or performance outcomes. Evidence based chapters in this course include topics of technique, theory and practical lab experience in areas such as pain management; edema/swelling control and proprioceptive guidance to enhance postural positioning. Kinesiology taping for scar mobility and symptoms associated with nerve entrapment are introduced in this course.
FMT Basic is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that advances students’ understanding of the efficacy of elastic therapeutic taping as a rehabilitation and performance intervention for patient and client conditions ranging from pain mitigation to improving fluid dynamics and sharpening proprioception. FMT Basic methodically examines the research-influenced content basis for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ replacing an outdated model of taping techniques which was focused on directional taping, specific percentages of stretch applied to the tape and the concept of activation or inhibition of muscles.
FMT Advanced Kinesiology Taping Certification
FMT Advanced expands on the concepts taught in FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping and explores strategies to enhance human movement and performance through evidence-based functional taping methods. The anatomy and physiology of myofascial lines will be covered, the fascial lines are used in conjunction with kinesiology taping techniques to support efficient human movement. Sport-specific taping techniques are introduced, and students will have opportunities to assess dysfunction in specific anatomical planes of motion. Tape application techniques are explored and practiced with an emphasis on taping fascial chains to improve movement and enhance function. Students will learn techniques in a hands-on laboratory environment where they will have ample practice and instructor feedback on their techniques.
These courses are intended for health professionals with all levels of prior taping experience. All supplies needed for the course and lab experiences are provided.
The Functional Movement Training (FMT) Certification Series are presented by industry leading experts in movement, assessment and rehabilitation. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, LAc, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type.
Educational Objectives of FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping Course:
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to:
• Define and discuss the physiological effects of kinesiology taping on the body
• Demonstrate, via application, functional taping techniques that are specifically designed to influence injury, edema, neurologic conditions, scar and posture
• Demonstrate and discuss how the fascial system functions, and how kinesiology tape interfaces with the mechanical, chemical and neurosensory sub-systems of fascia
• Understand and differentiate fluid dynamics taping applications for acute edema and chronic fluid dysfunction conditions using the jellyfish taping method
• Discover and experiment with various tape application techniques for common musculoskeletal injury conditions such as low back discomfort*, shoulder strains, ankle sprains and post-operative patient/client care
• Demonstrate and apply posture taping applications for correction of common chronic postural deficits of the upper and lower spine regions
• Discuss and interpret kinesiology taping techniques for neurologic entrapment syndromes and scar tissue management
Education Objectives of FMT Advanced Kinesiology Taping:
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to
• Discuss, practice and integrate the concept of longitudinal muscle chain kinesiology taping
• Discuss, demonstrate and interpret movement screening techniques to evaluate functional and dysfunctional movement patterns
• Demonstrate and discuss the concepts of longitudinal fascial chain kinesiology taping
• Demonstrate and evaluate effective functional taping applications based on findings in movement assessment
• Compare and contrast sport-specific movement patterns and how kinesiology tape improves sports performance
• Compare and contrast upper and lower extremity helical fascial chain taping applications
• Introduce, interpret and practice applications for compression band floss in the upper and lower extremity as well as the trunk
• Critically analyze movement screening and correlated tape application for specific sports
Join the Ranks of FMT Certified Movement Professionals
Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
Worldwide FMT Professionals
What are the benefits of FMT Certification?
Learn from the best in the industry.
Get listed on our professional locator.
Serve your patients and clients.
Join us at world-class events near you.
Join our private Facebook Community.
We’ll drive awareness to your business.
Get the best pricing from RockTape – 50% off.
Treat discomfort* without pharmaceuticals.
Included in FMT Basic
Your FMT Basic registration includes a RockTape 2” Roll Kinesiology Tape
RockTape 2” Roll Kinesiology Tape
Included in FMT Advanced
Your FMT Advanced registration includes a RockTape 2” Roll Kinesiology Tape
RockTape 2” Roll Kinesiology Tape
You can take this course online through PESI Education!