FMT Basic & Performance
Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how to use kinesiology tape.
You had to read a book or attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of applying tape.
FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping Certification
FMT Basic introduces the evidence based approach to taping for pain*, enhancing fluid dynamics, posture, nerve entrapment and scars. FMT Basic is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that redefines our understanding of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain* mitigation, circulation and proprioception. FMT Basic lays the groundwork for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
This 8-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. There are no prerequisites for FMT Basic.
FMT Performance Kinesiology Taping Certification
This course expands on the concepts taught in FMT Basic and explores enhancing human movement and performance via functional taping methods (movement based). The anatomy and physiology of myofascial lines are covered. Movement screening is used to determine dysfunction in specific anatomical planes of motion and how to apply tape in a manner that improves movement and function. Learning is primarily done in a workshop, hands-on environment.
This 8-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. FMT Basic is a prerequisite for FMT Performance.
FMT Basic Objectives
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to
• Understand the physiological effects of kinesiology taping
• Master functional taping and understand its role and use for the applications of rehabilitation, edema management, neuropathic pain*, scar mobility and posture improvement.
• Introduce the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”
FMT Performance Objectives
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to
• Explore the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”
• Learn movement screening techniques to identify faulty motor patterns in breathing, squat, lunge, step, push and rolling movements and taping strategies to enhance these motor patterns.
• Master functional taping applications for Performance Chains
• Integrate assessment of sport-specific movement patterns and the use of taping to improve sports performance
Join the Ranks of FMT Certified Movement Professionals
Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
Worldwide FMT Professionals
What are the benefits of FMT Certification?
Learn from the best in the industry.
Get listed on our professional locator.
Serve your patients and clients.
Join us at world-class events near you.
Join our private Facebook Community.
We’ll drive awareness to your business.
Get the best pricing from RockTape – 50% off.
Treat pain* without pharmaceuticals.
RockTape Courses – FMT Basic & Performance
- November 17th & 18th – Murrieta, CA
- November 17th & 18th – Overland Park, KS
- November 17th & 18th – Orlando, FL – Sold Out!!
- December 8th & 9th – Holyoke, MA
- December 8th & 9th – Sacramento, CA
- December 8th & 9th – Augusta, ME
- December 8th & 9th – Springfield, MO
- December 15th & 16th – Los Angeles, CA
- January 12th & 13th – Levittown, NY
- January 19th & 20th – Bradenton, FL
- January 19th & 20th – Las Vegas, NV
- January 26th & 27th – Lombard, IL
- January 26th & 27th – Germantown, MD
- January 26th & 27th – Bloomington, MN
- January 26th & 27th – Port Orange, FL
- January 26th & 27th – Seneca Falls, NY
- February 9th & 10th – Lafayette, NJ
- February 9th & 10th – Fernandina Beach, FL
- February 9th & 10th – Corona, CA
- February 9th & 10th – Charlotte, NC
- February 9th & 10th – Missouri City, TX
- February 16th & 17th – Knoxville, TN
- February 23rd & 24th – St. Louis, MO
- March 2nd & 3rd – Las Vegas, NV
- March 2nd & 3rd – Brooklyn, NY
- March 2nd & 3rd – Denver, CO
- March 9th & 10th – Fairlawn, OH
- March 23rd & 24th – Pinehurst, NC
- March 23rd &24th – Baltimore, MD
- Coming soon!
You can take this course online through Vyne Education!
- November 13th – Boulder, CO
- November 14th – Aurora, CO
- November 14th – Glendale, CA
- November 14th – Fayetteville, AR
- November 15th – Anaheim, CA
- November 15th – Colorado Springs, CO
- November 15th – Little Rock, AR
- November 16th – Memphis, TN
- November 16th – San Diego, CA
- December 3rd – New Orleans, LA
- December 4th – Mobile, AL
- December 4th – Fairfax, VA
- December 5th – Pensacola, FL
- December 5th – Frederick, MD
- December 6th – Baltimore, MD
- December 17th – Fort Wayne, IN
- December 17th – Somerville, MA
- December 17th – Springfield, MO
- December 18th – Manchester, NH
- December 18th – Toledo, OH
- December 18th – Tulsa, OK
- December 19th – Livonia, MI
- December 19th – Burlington, VT
- December 19th – Oklahoma City, OK
- January 23rd – East Lansing, MI
- January 24th – Ann Arbor, MI
- January 25th – Troy, MI
- January 28th – Roanoke, VA
- January 29th – Richmond, VA
- January 30th – Norfolk, VA
- February 4th – Fort Worth, TX
- February 5th – Rochester, NY
- February 5th – Buffalo, NY
- February 5th – Dallas, TX
- February 6th – Syracuse, NY
- February 7th – Eugene, OR
- February 8th – Portland, OR
- March 25th – Pittsburgh, PA
- March 26th – Erie, PA
- March 27th – Cleveland, OH