FMT Basic & Performance
Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how to use kinesiology tape.
You had to read a book or attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of applying tape.
FMT Basic introduces the evidence based approach to taping for pain*, enhancing fluid dynamics, posture, nerve entrapment and scars. FMT Basic is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that redefines our understanding of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain* mitigation, circulation and proprioception. FMT Basic lays the groundwork for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
This 8-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. There are no prerequisites for FMT Basic.
FMT Performance Kinesiology Taping Certification
This course expands on the concepts taught in FMT Basic and explores enhancing human movement and performance via functional taping methods (movement based). The anatomy and physiology of myofascial lines are covered. Movement screening is used to determine dysfunction in specific anatomical planes of motion and how to apply tape in a manner that improves movement and function. Learning is primarily done in a workshop, hands-on environment.
This 8-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. FMT Basic is a prerequisite for FMT Performance.
FMT Basic Objectives
• Understand the physiological effects of kinesiology taping
• Master functional taping and understand its role and use for the applications of rehabilitation, edema management, neuropathic pain*, scar mobility and posture improvement.
• Introduce the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”
FMT Performance Objectives
• Explore the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”
• Learn movement screening techniques to identify faulty motor patterns in breathing, squat, lunge, step, push and rolling movements and taping strategies to enhance these motor patterns.
• Master functional taping applications for Performance Chains
• Integrate assessment of sport-specific movement patterns and the use of taping to improve sports performance
Join the Ranks of FMT Certified Movement Professionals
Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
Worldwide FMT Professionals
What are the benefits of FMT Certification?
RockTape Courses – FMT Basic & Performance
- May 18th & 19th – Overland Park, KS
- June 1st & 2nd – Phoenix, AZ-SOLD OUT!
- June 1st & 2nd – Utica, NY
- June 8th & 9th – Upland, CA
- June 8th & 9th – Lincoln, NE
- June 8th & 9th – Bismarck, ND
- June 22nd & 23rd – Gulf Breeze, FL
- June 22nd & 23rd – Independence, MO
- June 22nd & 23rd – San Diego, CA
- June 22nd & 23rd – Fairfax, VA
- June 22nd & 23rd -Cypress, TX
- June 29th & 30th – St. Louis, MO
- July 13th & 14th – Bolivar, MO
- July 13th & 14th – Nashville, TN
- July 13th & 14th – Las Vegas, NV
- July 13th & 14th – Miami, FL
- July 27th & 28th – Paramus, NJ
- July 27th & 28th – Eau Claire, WI
- August 3rd & 4th – New York, NY (in partnership with PESI)
- August 17th & 18th – St. Louis, MO
- September 21st & 22nd – El Paso, TX
- October 19th & 20th – Tulsa, OK
- Coming soon!