FMT Basic & Performance
Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how to use kinesiology tape.
You had to read a book or attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of applying tape.
FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping Certification
FMT Basic introduces the evidence based approach to taping for pain*, enhancing fluid dynamics, posture, nerve entrapment and scars. FMT Basic is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that redefines our understanding of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain* mitigation, circulation and proprioception. FMT Basic lays the groundwork for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
This 8-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. There are no prerequisites for FMT Basic.
FMT Performance Kinesiology Taping Certification
This course expands on the concepts taught in FMT Basic and explores enhancing human movement and performance via functional taping methods (movement based). The anatomy and physiology of myofascial lines are covered. Movement screening is used to determine dysfunction in specific anatomical planes of motion and how to apply tape in a manner that improves movement and function. Learning is primarily done in a workshop, hands-on environment.
This 8-hour certification course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. FMT Basic is a prerequisite for FMT Performance.
FMT Basic Objectives
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to
• Understand the physiological effects of kinesiology taping
• Master functional taping and understand its role and use for the applications of rehabilitation, edema management, neuropathic pain*, scar mobility and posture improvement.
• Introduce the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”
FMT Performance Objectives
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to
• Explore the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”
• Learn movement screening techniques to identify faulty motor patterns in breathing, squat, lunge, step, push and rolling movements and taping strategies to enhance these motor patterns.
• Master functional taping applications for Performance Chains
• Integrate assessment of sport-specific movement patterns and the use of taping to improve sports performance
Join the Ranks of FMT Certified Movement Professionals
Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
Worldwide FMT Professionals
What are the benefits of FMT Certification?
Learn from the best in the industry.
Get listed on our professional locator.
Serve your patients and clients.
Join us at world-class events near you.
Join our private Facebook Community.
We’ll drive awareness to your business.
Get the best pricing from RockTape – 50% off.
Treat pain* without pharmaceuticals.
RockTape Courses – FMT Basic & Performance
- September 22nd & 23rd – Belleville, NJ
- September 22nd & 23rd – Philadelphia, PA
- September 22nd & 23rd – South Ogden, UT
- September 22nd & 23rd – New York, NY
- September 29th & 30th – San Jose, CA
- September 29th & 30th – St Louis, MO
- September 29th & 30th – Carlsbad, CA
- October 6th & 7th – Exeter, NH
- October 6th & 7th – Deer Park, NY
- October 6th & 7th – Bremerton, WA
- October 6th & 7th – Hopkinton, MA
- October 6th & 7th – Topeka, KS
- October 13th & 14th – Salt Lake City, UT
- October 13th & 14th – Lakewood, CO
- October 13th & 14th – Ramsey, NJ
- October 13th & 14th – Santa Monica, CA
- October 13th & 14th – Sarasota, FL
- October 20th & 21st – Boston, MA
- October 20th & 21st – Clifton Park, NY
- November 3rd & 4th – Santa Barbara, CA
- November 3rd & 4th – Manassas, VA
- November 3rd & 4th – Albuquerque, NM
- November 10th & 11th – Holladay, UT
- November 10th & 11th – Columbus, OH
- November 10th & 11th – Arlington, TX
- November 17th & 18th – Murrieta, CA
- November 17th & 18th – Overland Park, KS
- November 17th & 18th – Orlando, FL
- December 8th & 9th – Holyoke, MA
- December 8th & 9th – Sacramento, CA
- December 8th & 9th – Augusta, ME
- December 15th & 16th – Los Angeles, CA
- September 22nd & 23rd – Calgary, AB
- September 22nd & 23rd – Chicoutimi, QC
- October 13th & 14th – Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
- October 20th & 21st – Moncton, NB
- November 10th & 11th – Ottawa, ON
- November 10th & 11th – Chicoutimi, QC
- November 17th & 18th – L’Ancienne-Lorette, QC
- November 17th & 18th – Beford, NS
- December 1st & 2nd – London, ON
- Coming soon!
You can take this course online through Vyne Education!
- September 21st – Rochester, MN
- September 22nd – Bloomington, MN
- September 23rd – Roseville, MN
- October 1st – Lynnwood, WA
- October 2nd – Bellevue, WA
- October 3rd – Jacksonville, FL
- October 3rd – Tacoma, WA
- October 3rd – Shreveport, LA
- October 4th – Orlando, FL
- October 4th – Lafayette, LA
- October 5th – Metairie, LA
- October 5th – Tampa, FL
- October 15th – Asheville, NC
- October 16th – Winston-Salem, NC
- October 17th – Cedar Rapids, IA
- October 17th – Raleigh, NC
- October 17th – Tucson, AZ
- October 18th – Des Moines, IA
- October 18th – Scottsdale, AZ
- October 19th – Phoenix, AZ
- October 19th – Omaha, NE
- October 24th – San Antonio, TX
- October 25th – Austin, TX
- October 26th – Houston, TX
- November 5th – Santa Rosa, CA
- November 6th – Sacramento, CA
- November 7th – Appleton, WI
- November 7th – Shelton, CT
- November 7th – Bethlehem, PA
- November 7th – Reno, NV
- November 8th – King of Prussia, PA
- November 8th – Madison, WI
- November 8th – Hartford, CT
- November 9th – Brookfield, WI
- November 9th – Providence, RI
- November 9th – Cherry Hill, NJ
- November 13th – Boulder, CO
- November 14th – Aurora, CO
- November 14th – Glendale, CA
- November 14th – Fayetteville, AR
- November 15th – Anaheim, CA
- November 15th – Colorado Springs, CO
- November 15th – Little Rock, AR
- November 16th – Memphis, TN
- November 16th – San Diego, CA