FMT Blades & Blades Advanced
Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM) could integrate into your patient/athlete care.
You had to buy expensive tools and attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of utilizing IASTM.
The term IASTM or “Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation” is commonly paired with the image of steel tools and deep tissue work that can cause redness and bruising on the skin. FMT IASTM certification courses introduce the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement with gentle soft tissue techniques. Some of the tools may be hard-edged, but the techniques don’t need to be aggressive to deliver superior patient outcomes. There are many forms of ‘instruments or tools’ that can assist your manual therapy skills and save your hands! You don’t have to buy an expensive set of tools and attend a class that locks you into one way of utilizing IASTM on your patients or athletes.
FMT IASTM Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy AND you get to keep the tools you use in the class.
FMT IASTM Certifications are intended for healthcare professionals, therapists and fitness professionals with all levels of experience with soft tissue techniques. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, LAc, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
FMT Blades – IASTM Certification
FMT BLADES introduces the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement via Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM). The FMT Blades certification will review screening dysfunctional movement patterns and utilizing soft tissue tools to improve patient outcomes. The anatomy, physiology and neurology of myofascial soft tissue work is covered. IASTM intervention strategies will also be combined with kinesiology taping and corrective exercise techniques to deliver a comprehensive approach to patient care. workshop, hands-on environment. This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with soft tissue techniques.
FMT Blades Advanced – IASTM Certification
FMT Blades Advanced introduces the concept of skin/fascial/nerve gliding and neuro-sensory pain modulation via Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization. The tools may be hard-edged, but the techniques don’t need to be aggressive to deliver superior patient outcomes. The anatomy, physiology and neurology of myofascial soft tissue work is covered, along with a review of the concept of interlayer connective tissue gliding using a rubber sleeve for added tissue traction FMT Blades Advanced also addresses pain modulation via specific mechano-reception stimulation using the novel hair comb attachment. This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with a more advanced understanding of soft tissue techniques.
FMT Blades Objectives
After this course the participant will be able to:
• Understand and integrate the myofascial sequencing model (FASCIAL ANATOMY)
• Define and discuss the neuroanatomy of the fascial subsystem – VERY IMPORTANT DIFFERENTIATION
• Identify and demonstrate movement screening techniques to identify faulty movement patterns
• Recognize and describe the theory and science of IASTM within the literature
• Practice, demonstrate and integrate assisted fascial tooling with functional kinesiology taping to change body-relative movement quality.
• Understand and demonstrate the ability to provide dry fascial gliding to promote improved ROM.
FMT Blades Advanced Objectives
After this course the participant will be able to:
• Define, understand and integrate the myofascial sequencing model
• Discover and explore neuroanatomy of the dermal/fascial subsystem
• Recognize and demonstrate skin/fascial glide screening process.
• Describe and interpret the research of IASTM in respect to connective tissue gliding and pain modulation.
• Practice, demonstrate and integrate assisted fascial tooling techniques.
• Analyze and critique the most common cutaneous nerve entrapments of the upper & lower extremity and trunk.
• Compare and contrast the ability to provide dry fascial gliding to address cutaneous nerve entrapments.
Join the Ranks of FMT Certified Movement Professionals
Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
Worldwide FMT Professionals
What are the benefits of FMT Certification?
Learn from the best in the industry.
Get listed on our professional locator.
Serve your patients and clients.
Join us at world-class events near you.
Join our private Facebook Community.
We’ll drive awareness to your business.
Get the best pricing from RockTape – 50% off.
Treat pain without pharmaceuticals.
RockTape Courses – FMT Blades and Blades Advanced
- June 11th – Utica, NY
- June 23rd & 24th – Verona, NJ
- June 23rd & 24th – New York, NY
- June 23rd & 24th – Sturgis, MI
- June 23rd & 24th – Flagstaff, AZ
- June 23rd & 24th – Paramus, NJ
- June 23rd & 24th – Lakewood Ranch, FL
- June 30th & July 1st – Hawthorne, CA
- July 14th & 15th – San Antonio, TX
- July 14th & 15th – Bonita Springs, FL
- July 14th & 15th – Bridgewater, MA
- July 21st & 22nd – Bellevue, NE
- July 21st & 22nd – Phoenix, AZ
- July 28th & 29th – Las Vegas, NV
- July 28th & 29th – Collierville, TN
- July 28th & 29th – Arlington, TX
- August 4th & 5th – Ellsworth, ME
- August 4th & 5th – Belleville, NJ
- August 4th & 5th – Freeman, SD
- August 11th & 12th – Urbandale, IA
- August 11th & 12th – Irvine, CA
- August 18th & 19th – Green Bay, WI
- August 18th & 19th – Champaign, IL
- August 18th & 19th – Adrian, MI
- September 8th & 9th – Clifton Park, NY
- September 8th & 9th -Hopkinton, MA
- September 8th & 9th – Fort Myers, FL
- September 15th & 16th – St Paul, MN
- September 15th & 16th – Scotch Plains, NJ
- September 15th & 16th – Fairlawn, OH
- September 22nd & 23rd – Frisco, TX
- September 22nd & 23rd – Lafayette, CA
- September 22nd & 23rd – Des Peres, MO
- September 29th & 30th – Brooklyn, CT
- September 29th & 30th – Seneca Falls, NY
- September 29th & 30th – Costa Mesa, CA
- September 29th & 30th – Delray Beach, FL
- October 13th & 14th – Johnson City, NT
- Coming Soon!
You can take this course online through Vyne Education!
- June 22nd – Windsor Locks, CT
- June 22nd – New Orleans, LA
- June 22nd – Nashua, NH
- June 23rd – Springfield, MA
- June 23rd – Mobile, AL
- June 23rd – Providence, RI
- June 24th – Pensacola, FL
- July 13th – Macon, GA
- July 14th – Savannah, GA
- July 14th – Buffalo, NY
- July 15th – Rochester, NY
- July 15th – Augusta, GA
- July 16th – Syracuse, NY
- July 27th – Wilmington, NC
- July 28th – Fayetteville, NC
- July 28th – Ronkonkoma, NY
- July 29th – Uniondale, NY
- July 29th – Durham, NC
- July 30th – Flushing, NY
- August 10th – Glendale, CA
- August 10th – Missoula, MT
- August 11th – Great Falls, MT
- August 11th – Anaheim, CA
- August 12th – San Diego, CA
- August 12th – Butte, MT
- August 24th – Oakland, CA
- August 24th – Tucson, AZ
- August 25th – Phoenix, AZ
- August 25th – San Francisco, CA
- August 26th – Henderson, NV
- August 26th – San Jose, CA
- September 14th – East Lansing, MI
- September 14th – Abilene, TX
- September 15th – Ann Arbor, MI
- September 15th – Midland, TX
- September 16th – Lubbock, TX
- September 16th – Troy, MI
- September 28th – Athens, GA
- September 28th – Nanuet, NY
- September 29th – Conyers, GA
- September 29th – Kingston, NY
- September 30th – Marietta, GA
- September 30th – Schenectady, NY
- October 9th – Cleveland, OH
- October 11th – White Plains, NY
- October 11th – Birmingham, AL
- October 12th – Harrisburg, PA
- October 12th – Plainview, NY
- October 13th – Manhattan, NY
- October 24th – Fairfax, VA
- October 25th – Frederick, MD
- October 25th – Bloomington, MN
- October 26th – Baltimore, MD
- November 7th – Lynnwood, WA
- November 7th – Jacksonville, FL
- November 8th – Bellevue, WA
- November 8th – Lafayette, LA
- November 9th – Metairie, LA
- November 28th – Cedar Rapids, IA
- November 29th – Austin, TX
- November 29th – Des Moines, IA
- November 30th – Houston, TX